Monday, November 16, 2015

A True Living Doll

Hello my Loves!
Welcome to my new blog Amber's Life With Dystrophy!

I am know around the world as the True Living Doll / Barbie! 
I am called a True Living Doll not just because of the way I look but
because I have a rare disease that is actually turning me into a real life doll.

The rare disease I have is called Muscular Dystrophy. 
It's a hereditary disease that affect my bodies muscular system making it extremely week 
and causes them to atrophy.
Basically killing my bodies muscles.

I was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy in October of 2012
after my doctor did a muscle biopsy on both my left shoulder and leg
and the muscle tissue came up positive for MD.

When the doctor told me the results, I honestly thought that it was a death sentence.
I was extremely sad and knowing that one day I will not be able to move anymore didn't help. 
But one day I thought to myself, "if I stay sad and depressed, I'm just killing myself faster."
So I got up out of bed and thought," this isn't the end but a new beginning in my life."


I wanted to tell the world about my disease and new found joy for life after being 
diagnosed with a major illness .
So I decided to start a YouTube channel called Amber Living with Dystrophy 
Where I show my life moments and talents as a makeup artist. 
Later, I started an Instagram account as amber_kohaku_chan and I now have 
15.4 thousand lovely followers and supporters! 

After I started these accounts, a newspaper article called the Daily Mail wanted to interview me and after that story released, I went global! 
They did articles about me in the many online website such as the Cosmopolitan and CNN Indonesia!
Later, I went to appear on the US television show called The Doctors  
And the German Tv show called RTL the 25

They nominated me as the number one most inspiring story of 2015!


Now I am starting this blog to be able to connect with more people and talk  in more detail 
about what is going on in my life! ^_^

So get ready to see my life with Dystrophy 
Because I'm not letting it stop me now!





2 comments:

  1. So inspiring ! Youre motivation, positive vibes and beatifull art work including drawings paintings cosplays and so creative make up inspire me everyday;) youre the sweetest ♥♡♥ ★☆★ star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carmen!!! Having your love and support always makes my days bright and happy!!!

      Delete